Here is a jacket that I just finished today. I've been working on it for about four days.
It was made using Butterick 5469. I got this pattern a while back when it was on sale at JoAnns for 99 cents. The fabric is a pink linen that I picked up at a thrift store for $1 for about 2 1/2 yards. I used a white sheet for the lining that I also got from a thrift store.
I've been running out of space that I can store fabric yet I keep buying more, so I picked this to use to clear up some space. I looked around on Pinterest for ideas on what to make with it and found these:
|Source: Kendieveryday.blogspot.com via Casey on Pinterest|
|Source: Tumblr.com via Casey on Pinterest|
|Source: Lanaloustyle.blogspot.com via Casey on Pinterest|
|Source: Zara.com via Casey on Pinterest|
I according to my measurements, I should have cut a 12 but I always cut 1 or 2 sizes smaller. I ended up cutting an 8 and it fit great. I made view A but with the sleeves from view D. I also added a 3 inch sleeve facing since the sleeve length was a bit shorter than I wanted so I didn't want to take away too much with an actual hem. I also wanted to make sure the white lining didn't show.
Next time I make this jacket I would probably add 1/4 inch to the center back (Center Back, Under and Upper Collar). This would help make the jacket a little looser with out going up an entire size for all pieces... which would be too much. The size is fine for everyday movements but I need a little more ease for when I am conducting. I added top stitching to some of the seams.
Overall I am very pleased with my new jacket... especially since it only cost me $4 overall! I will be definitely using this pattern again and may even alter the design a bit more next time... maybe make the center front bottom corners less rounded (more like the jacket shown above from the first pin). I highly recommend this jacket pattern!
Here is the link to my review on Pattern Review!
Linked to -