Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My First Completed Scarf

I have started knitting many things in the past but I rarely finish any of them.  It is probably due to the fact that I have tried to knit huge projects that a beginner probably shouldn't have chosen... like a blanket (a very ambitious and unpractical first project). This is the first knitted item that I have actually finished. I used The Manly Scarf pattern, which can be found here at Knitting Queen's Pattern Page.

I ended up using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Black and size 10 1/2 needles with the yarn doubled. I also changed the number of stitches cast on to 26 and just followed the directions until the scarf was the length that I wanted.  The finished scarf measures 8 inches x 72 inches.
This scarf was made for my boyfriend and it was a great Christmas present.  I started knitting it 2 days before Christmas but then ran out of yarn on Christmas Eve so I just put it unfinished in a box with the needles still in it just so he could see it.  After Christmas, when the stores opened, I went back and got more yarn and finally finished it.
Here is a close up of the "waffle" design.

I have another scarf that I have been working on for me but it had to be put on hold while I did this and some sewing... hopefully I will be able to get that finished and write about by the time it gets cold here again.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts - Suggestions? I love hearing your ideas!