Happy New Year!
Awhile back I picked up this pattern for $1 and some deep teal crepe fabric that was in the clearance rack that was also 1/2 price... I ended up getting 3 yards of it for $2/yard.
I cut the neck about 1/2 higher to be safe. I ended up trimming about 1/4 of that away... which was a bad idea. The dress ended up being too low cut. Next time I will add more and not cut any. After finishing the neck edge, it seemed to be a bit stretched out. I will have to be more careful next time. Because of all that, I have to wear a camisole underneath the dress.
Pattern Review, I decided to move the zipper from the side to the center back, which was definitely a good decision. Since I did that, I would add 1/2 to 1 inch to the center back of all the pieces next time I make this. I also took the sides in enough to make the bodice a size 6. Next time I will just cut a size 6 bodice and take in, if needed, from there. I also think that next time I will shorten the bodice by about an inch. I ended up hemming the dress with lace, which I love. I hemmed the dress 2 1/2 inches, which made it end just below my knees