Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Look Ahead

In the next few weeks, I will be posting my what I sewed over spring break. It will include some sorbetto tops, McCalls 6503, some skirts, a scarf that I never got to wear since we had such a warm winter, and much more!

The M6503 dress is based off of of a dress from Modcloth and I am very excited with how it turned out and can't wait to show you.

McCall's 6503 - View D
From: Modcloth - Student Senator Dress
Lately I have been busy preparing for my percussion senior recital, which is in less than two weeks! It is really exciting now but I know that when it gets closer I will begin to get more nervous about playing 40 minutes of music all by myself in front of everyone. 

I have also gotten into jewelry making again lately and I wanted to show you what I recently ordered. While on pinterest, I have been seeing so many cute necklaces like these:
From: shopruche.com - Hopeless Romantic Indie Necklace
From: shopruche.com - Victorian Bow Indie Necklace


So, like always, I don't actually buy them, but decide to make something similar.  After searching around on eBay, I came across a shop that has some very similar, if not identical, charms.  The shop is Doubleangel Jewelry Supply and they have really cheap prices and combine shipping from Canada.

Here is a peek at what I bought:
Antique Bronze Leaf Connectors


Antique Bronze Bowknot Connectors
Silver Finish Two Bird Copper Connector

So now I have sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, and jewelry making on top of my school work and practicing.   The school work and practicing are a bit more important at this point... I wish there was more time in the day to do all the crafty things I have planned.  How about you, do you just keep adding projects onto a never ending list, too?

Casey

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling; I have so many things to juggle that sometimes weeks go by without any craft happening! I have really wanted to give jewellery making a go, any top tips?

    I'm following along! Hope to see you over at my blog soon!

    http://craftbotics.blogspot.com

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say my biggest tip would be searching for great pieces of jewelry to be inspired by. Pinterest is great for that side of it. I began making bracelets from the stretchy cord, then I switched to the clear cord. Now I love using wire,if you get into that, I would recommend investing in some inexpensive round nose pliers.

      I am following your blog on bloglovin now.

      Casey

      Delete

Thoughts - Suggestions? I love hearing your ideas!